A confluence of spirituality, nature and peace, this place has everything for everyone. It has adventures for the sporty people, peace for writers, a spiritual essence for the spiritual lovers, natural beauty in abundance for us all and a majestic view of nature that leaves us in astonishment.
Yes, it is none other than the Land of Gods, The Uttarakhand. Located in the foothills of The Himalayas, there are ample sources for water sports that drive the adventure lovers crazy. For those who want to connect to their inner selves and find peace, the ashrams located here are nothing less than heaven.
The entire scenic beauty of the place can hardly be summarized in a few words as the words are limited unlike the abundance in this beautiful confluence. Now, since the bags have been packed and all set, let us begin our journey to the most prominently highlighted beautiful places there.
Starting from Landour, now is the time to un reveal what is in the store house.
The not so famous yet serene and peaceful heaven Landour, is located only a few kilometers from Mussoorie. You can opt for a day long visit or stay there at the Heritage Property. This place is less crowded and commercialized unlike other places, away from the rush of city and metro.
The special feature of this place is delicious cheese and homemade jams. The scenic beauty and the mountain view makes it ideal for couples and peace seekers to visit here at any point of the year.
- Dehradun and Mussoorie- The capital city, Dehradun is the ultimate holiday site for family, friends and honeymooners. With Ganges flowing through both sides of the city, it is a picturesque location located at a distance of an hour away from Mussoorie, known as the “Queen of the hills” that attracts a number of tourists.
One must definitely visit there as it is a majestic place that never fails to fetch the eyes an un-comparable satisfaction. For friends, family and couples, it is an ideal place to visit.
However, monsoons ruin the craze so better to avoid visiting during monsoons.
- Nainital and Ranikhet:- This place is a mixture of rush and quietude. Being an ideal place for Honeymoon couples, office goers and families, this place comprises of the Naini Lake in the Valley, surrounded by mountains on all sides. The greenery of the surroundings will make go crazy with its trekking and zoo facilities.
The best time to visit this place is from April to June. It takes 7 hours to reach here from Delhi.
- Rishikesh and Haridwar-The above mentioned cities are the adventure and spiritual capitals of the state, respectively. While the former provides adventure and sports to the seekers, the latter is the ultimate hub for those whom want to find the meaning of life.
For friends, families and couples, this place suits best friends, families and couples. The holy Ganga aarti and a dip in the river is the one to make the journey complete.
Every time of year is best to visit here except for the monsoons as that would make the visit uncomfortable.
- Binsar –This place has a mythological connect and a lot of mythological stuff. However, this place provides a gateway, slightly cut off for destinations offering the views of Nanda Devi, Nanda kot, Kedarnath and Chaukhamba. The stay here comes in the best home stays one could ever have in the region.
The best time to visit here is during the months of October and November. This place is ideal for writers and nature lovers.
- Jim Corbett –The Jim Corbett Wildlife Sanctuary, is best known for Royal Bengal tigers. Other than this, it is a home to more than 600 species of birds and other aspects of biodiversity. This place is ideal for wildlife enthusiasts and photographers. Elephant rides, elephant safaris, Jeep safaris and unplanned excursions.
The best time to visit here is December to February.
- Almora-The offbeat, typical small town is a magnificent place, best to escape the beat of summers. The view of mountains is tempting and best suited for mountain lovers. Almost everyone whether on a solo trip, with friends and as in couples can visit here.
The peace and serenity offered amidst mountains is incredible and rare to find. This is a romantic destination as the surroundings are enough to lure anybody. It is a pleasure to view the face of nature here. The attractions here are the handicrafts, enjoying the natural scenery and for adventure lovers, trekking. Nearest airport being Pant Nagar at 116 km from Almora and nearest railway station at 90 km from here.
The best time to visit here is any time of the year except for the monsoons.
- Auli- This place is best suited for the winter sports. Located adjacent to the holy city of Badrinath, this place offers a panoramic view of The Himalayas. The view is adored by the snow covered mountains. The place is best location for a mountain lover as the access to mountain sports makes it even more exciting.
This place is best suited for mountain lovers, ski enthusiasts, friends and couples. The best tome to visit here is April to June and November to February for snow.
Skiing is the best enjoyed sport here. Mountaineering and snowboarding are also enjoyed here.