In this damp and humid weather conditions in every monsoon can wreak havoc on your health and lifestyle. The rainy season can give rise to various bacterial, viral and fungal diseases and even also infections too. But, taking a little extra care of what you are eating can reduce the risk of falling ill and weak. Sudden changes in climate can also weaken your digestive system and lead to problems like bloating, gastric problems, acidity and other indigestion problems.
But, making only good food habits can help you to maintain your digestive system on track and lead to good health. With the monsoon in full swing in most parts of the country, many people should that they make healthier food choices to keep diseases at bay and make the most of the season. Here are some of the simple ways to boost your metabolism and maintain a healthy lifestyle during this monsoon:
- Should focus on foods that are light and easily to digest, such as steamed or boiled vegetables and other sources.
- Consume more of bitter veggies like bitter gourd, bottle gourd, neem, etc. They can help you to improve your digestion as well as boost your immune system.
- Drink plenty of herbal tea like – chamomile tea, green tea, ginger lemon tea are all one of the great for your digestive health while also improving your immunity for sure.
- Drink lot and lots of water to stay well-hydrated and help flush out toxins from your body system. Drinking water can also aid in indigestion problem.
- Opt for probiotics that are loaded with good bacteria, which act on your digestive system and support absorption of nutrients, thereby boosting the immune system properly. Yogurt, buttermilk, cheese kefir, cultured vegetables, kombucha and natto (fermented soybeans), etc., are all good for your digestive system.
- Swap your vegetable oils with healthier options that are easy to digest. You can for sure use olive oil, sunflower oil, or even ghee for cooking your food.
- Try to avoid all fried and oily foods that can dampen your digestive health, causing indigestion and other issues to your body, especially digestive system.
- Cut down on refined sugar that can may cause inflammation and promote the growth of bad bacteria, which can upset the gut flora balance of the body.
- Make sure that you are not having a lot of seafood during the rainy season as it can upset your digestive system and cause other effects during this season.
- In fact, it is not advisable to eat fish and seafood during monsoon because it is their breeding season.
- Also, make sure you are not eating from outside or eating from roadside vendors as in this season it is not good and are very much unhygienic.
Keeping all these tips in mind and make sure that you eat in moderation and do not overeat to avoid digestive discomfort in this season. Hope you have found this information helpful. Stay healthy and happy monsoon.